This new technology offers the opportunity to perforate and stimulate multiple pay zones with a single well intervention often within two or three days. The technique employs a hydraulic jetting assembly on coiled tubing (CT) to perforate the casing and immediately followed by pumping a fracture stimulation treatment through the annulus between CT and casing. To isolate the pay zones, a multiset packer is located at the bottom of the assembly which is to be mechanically set and unset to prevent exposure of previous of stimulated zones.
Advantages of this technology
- No limit for work-over;
- Could keep trying by moving string to different point if a certain stage fracturing failed;
- No residual after perforation, reducing formation damage. Perforation provide convenience for acid pickling through coiled tubing;
- Produce burr-free perforations, reducing casing damage, tool wear, and injection pressures.
- Use 15% to 20% less water;
- No tools left in the well, save cost of milling;